Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Open Books...

Most people are somewhat guarded when meeting somebody for the first time. I on the other hand, am extremely open. Within an hour of meeting me, most people know a great deal about my life. A friend once asked me why I divulge so much information about myself so quickly, to which I replied, “If a person knows everything there is to know about me, good or bad, they can’t go away and create a person they would like me to be and then be disappointed!” “Nor can they gossip about me!” My friend thought that was a fair enough comment, but decided that he never had, nor ever would be an open book. Being an open book saves a lot of time. People can decide pretty quickly if they like me or not and that way, we don’t waste each other’s time! Unfortunately, most people I’ve met during my life, in complete contrast have been a very closed book. Once I’ve managed to prize it open, there are a lot of pages to turn, which takes a great deal of time, studying and patience, only to get to a point where I’ve read a page that I don’t like at all, then another and another… well, by this time, I’ve usually closed the book, put it back on the shelf and let some other poor, unsuspecting individual read the 300 pages, skip the final 100 pages of inevitable disappointment and move on, just like I did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home