Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Dilemma of the Day

With Christmas nearly upon us, thoughts turn to cards. Now, I’m no Ebenezer Scrooge, but I am financially very embarrassed, and this is not a temporary blip, this is life long financial embarassment. Last year, I decided to make my Christmas cards, in order to save money and show how special everyone is to me. This turned out to be a big headache and much more expensive than if I had bought them. So this year, I decided to buy them instead and bought a box of cards. Problem solved? You’d think so wouldn’t you, but the guilt has started to set in, because the closest members of my family deserve far better than a “cheapy-out-of-a-box” card! The upshot is, I now have to buy said family members, special cards with special verses. The next problem is that the verses are always unsuitable. Step families from all over the world will undoubtedly understand what that’s like, as will people whose families are many hundreds of miles away and hardly seen all year. And where on earth can one buy a card that says “To My Ex-Step-Father and his Wife”?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home